We are excited to begin summer training this week! While we are eager to hit the fields and return to play, things will be a bit different as we start this week. As you all know we are still under phase 2 restrictions. As a result, the way we conduct training is going to be a bit different than you are use to. Below you will find some information on what to expect along with some of the precautions we are taking to ensure the health and safety our players and coaches.
- Coaches will set up required equipment, stations and drills prior to player arrival. Players will not be permitted to touch equipment set up by coaches for training drills.
- All required equipment will be sanitized prior to player arrival. Pennies will not be used during training.
- Coaches have planned for 60 min training sessions to help ease players back into play.
- Training activities will be set up and planned to allow for the 10ft social distance requirements.
- Coaches will communicate to the team the importance to adhering to the Covid-19 safety precautions.
- Any coach experiencing symptoms of illness and or fever above 100.4, or with known exposure to Covid-19 within 14 days will not be permitted to attend training.
- Coaches are not required to wear masks during training sessions. However, we encourage them to wear a mask when possible. (Outdoor sessions may make wearing a mask difficult given temps and physical activity)
- Players need to arrive to training dressed and ready to play. This includes cleats, shin guards and any other required gear.
- Players need to bring a ball labeled with their name. Players will not be permitted to handle soccer balls with their hands that do not belong to them. Players will have to use only their feet when using balls that aren’t their own during training drills.
- Players need to bring water bottles labeled with their name. Coaches will instruct players on arrival as to where to place water bottles and personal belongings during training. We ask that players refrain from bringing soccer bags and unnecessary things with them when possible, as we have limited space to store personal belongings during training that adheres to social distancing requirements.
- Players should all have a mask and hand sanitizer upon arrival. Masks are to be worn when entering, exiting and walking around the WISC. Masks will not be required during training or when outdoors.
- Any player experiencing symptoms of illness and or fever above 100.4, or with known exposure to Covid-19 within 14 days will not be permitted to attend training.
Arrival to training
- Sessions will run for 60 mins, with 15 min breaks scheduled between sessions allowing for sanitizing and social distancing. We ask that you leave promptly after practice to limit crowding.
- Masks are not required outdoors.
- Players need to bring hand sanitizer, as hand sanitizer will not be available outside.
- Parents need to adhere to social distancing (6ft) at all times.
I know that was a lot of information. We thank you all for your support and patience as we navigate our way through our new “normal”. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us. We want to ensure all of our Sharks families that we are doing everything we can to provide our players with a safe environment to play soccer.
Remember, if you are not comfortable returning to play that’s ok! We understand and are here for you when you are ready.
See you all soon!
Tidewater Sharks Staff.